In 1950, C.J Lindsay started Lindsay Co. The product line consisted of cutting tools for the machining industry. Two years later C.J. was joined by brother Harold and the two of them formed Lindsay Enterprises. As the company grew, a need was realized to manufacture special milling cutters using carbide inserts. With this background in carbide, Lindsay introduced the first carbide tipped debarker arms to the sawmill industry in the mid 1960's.
In 1981, Lindsay Forest Products, Inc was formed as a seperate entity to concentrate entirely on the Forest Industry. In the 1980's manufacturing facilities were opened in Portland OR, Carthage, TX and Chilliwack, BC, Canada. This new company was formed and run by Dave Lindsay, son of C.J. The two still work out of the Portland, OR facility today.
In the 1990's Lindsay Forest Products expanded to Quebec Canada and LaGrange Georgia to better serve the Eastern regions of North America. The product line also swelled to service chippers, planers and other wear related items in the mills. The Lindex Chipping Systems product line was formed in 1999 to promote and manufacture a new knife system for chippings heads in the mills. LFP does the marketing and service of the Lindex knife System. Lindex Chipping Systems continues to develop new innovations in chipping technology.