In 1950, C.J Lindsay started Lindsay Co. The product line consisted of cutting tools for the machining industry. Two years later C.J. was joined by brother Harold and the two of them formed Lindsay Enterprises. As the company grew, a need was realized to manufacture special milling cutters using carbide inserts. With this background in carbide, Lindsay introduced the first carbide tipped debarker arms to the sawmill industry in the mid 1960's.
In 1981, Lindsay Forest Products, Inc was formed as a seperate entity to concentrate
entirely on the Forest Industry. In the 1980's manufacturing facilities
were opened in Portland OR, Carthage, TX and Chilliwack, BC, Canada.
there are facilities in Vancouver WA, Cartage TX, and Chilliwack
BC. The Lindex Chipping Systems product line was formed in
1999 to promote and manufacture a new knife system for chippings
heads in the mills.